SAP SOFTWARE FOR STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS & DESIGN
The SAP name has been synonymous with state-of-the-art analytical methods since its introduction over 30 years ago. SAP2000 follows in the same tradition featuring a very sophisticated, intuitive and versatile user interface powered by an unmatched analysis engine and design tools for engineers working on transportation, industrial, public works, sports, and other facilities.
From its 3D object based graphical modeling environment to the wide variety of analysis and design options completely integrated across one powerful user interface, SAP2000 has proven to be the most integrated, productive and practical general purpose structural program on the market today.
This intuitive interface allows you to create structural models rapidly and intuitively without long learning curve delays. Now you can harness the power of SAP2000 for all of your analysis and design tasks, including small day-to-day problems. Complex Models can be generated and meshed with powerful Templates built into the interface.
The Advanced Analytical Techniques allow for Step-by-Step Large Deformation Analysis, Multiple P-Delta, Eigen and Ritz Analyses, Cable Analysis, Tension or Compression Only Analysis, Buckling Analysis, Blast Analysis, Fast Nonlinear Analysis for Dampers, Base Isolators and Support Plasticity, Energy Methods for Drift Control and Segmental Construction Analysis.
Bridge Designers can use SAP2000 Bridge Templates for generating Bridge Models, Automated Bridge Live Load Analysis and Design, Bridge Base Isolation, Bridge Construction Sequence Analysis, Large Deformation Cable Supported Bridge Analysis and Pushover Analysis.
SAP2000 is for everyone! SAP2000 is for every project! From a simple small 2D static frame analysis to a large complex 3D nonlinear dynamic analysis, SAP2000 is the answer to all structural analysis and design needs.
System Requirement For SAP SOFTWARE FOR STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS & DESIGN
- Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64
- Recommended: Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better
- A CPU that has SSE2 support is required
- The SAPFire® Analytical Engine includes a multi-threaded solver that can take advantage of multi-core CPUs
- Microsoft® Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or later, Microsoft® Windows Vista, or Microsoft® Windows 7, 32- and 64-bit versions
- With a 64 bit operating system, the SAPFire® Analytical Engine can utilize more than 4 GB of RAM, making it possible to more efficiently solve larger problems
- Minimum: 2 GB for XP O/S, 4 GB for Vista/Windows 7 O/S
- Recommended: 4 GB for 32-bit O/S, 8 GB or more for 64-bit O/S
- The problem size that can be solved & the solution speed increases considerably with more RAM
- Vista/Windows 7 requires more RAM than XP for the operating system itself
- 6 GB to install the program.
- Recommended: 500GB or larger Hard Disk Drive (7200 rpm SATA)
- Additional space required for running and storing model files and analysis results, dependent upon the size of the models
- Minimum: Supporting 1024 by 768 resolution and 16 bits colors for standard (GDI+) graphics mode
- Recommended: Discrete video card with NVIDIA GPU or equivalent and dedicated graphics RAM (512 Mb or larger) for DirectX graphics mode. The card must be DirectX 9.0c compatible (DirectX SDK Aug 2009 – Build 9.27.1734.0).
- DirectX graphics mode fully utilizes the hardware acceleration provided by a GPU and dedicated graphics RAM.
- For better graphics quality in terms of anti-aliasing and line thickness, the device raster drawing capabilities should support legacy depth bias.
SAP 2000 V11